Friday, September 24, 2010

I'm watching Dora with Elijah. He is so cute. He answers every one of her questions. I don't recall my other kids doing that.
Meeting David's dad at Cracker Barrel at 5. I am COMMITTED to reducing our grocery/fast food bill. I pared down the variety and am going to stick with the same meals every week. Hopefully that will help me keep the kitchen stocked with the ingredients to make them and will keep them simple enough to make quickly. On Thursdays (when I have honor choir and no time to prepare anything) we'll have hot dogs. I know... nutritional, but I'm trying to save money folks! Paying full time childcare costs but only work part time. I gotta make some cuts! We usually get burgers at the football game, but not going to do that either. I was going to make a chicken/pasta thing tonight, but Ron called to see if we wanted to go eat. YEY for that. Cleaning up takes longer than the preparation and since I have to be out there by 6:20... very glad I won't have to deal with that.
Looking forward to the 80s Bash next Saturday. My choir is singing. We started show choir this year and after much debate over names that I hated, I decided executively that we'd be called Audacity. I figure I have to live with the name long after these kids graduate and I need to be able to say it without laughing. All show choir names are cheesy, some are ridiculous. They are singing Africa and Don't Stop Believing with minimal movement. Wake Me Up Before You Go Go is choreographed and a lot of fun to watch :) I think the audience will enjoy all of their songs. I'm having a blast with them. I was DREADING the choreography part... but they have done it without complaint. Everything I ask them to do, they do it without complaining. Sure makes my job a lot more enjoyable when it isn't like pulling teeth to get them to do what I want :) They are THE BEST kids you can have. Love em to death.
That's all I have time for... gotta get ready to go eat!

Saturday, 24 September 2005
Well, Noah slept til 8:30, so I got to sleep in a little... but since the choir practice started at 9... I was still able to make it.

I don't feel well, so I've been lazy ever since. I even got to nap. All the kids easily went down since they stayed up so late last night.

Youth choir tomorrow at 4:45 :)

Its not a flood, but its not fun. Our front windows are leaking massive amounts of water all over the floor in the dining room and office. David is running around like a chicken with his head cut off. I keep telling him its under warranty and its our builder's problem... and there isn't a thing that can be done about it now except soak it up... but there he goes out the door with a ladder...

As for me, I'm glad it happened now. We're under warranty until October 23... glad it didn't happen after that date :)

No comments: