Monday, April 27, 2009

The weekend

It was a busy one! It began with me taking Elijah to Grandparent's Day. I thought the boys' program started at 8:30. Since Elijah's preschool also starts at 8:30... I couldn't drop him off first. The K3-K5 program was actually first. Elijah sat thru that just fine but of course when it was time for the boys... he got antsy. Ron (David's dad) took him out. After their program I raced Elijah to preschool so I could get back in time for Abigail's. Since I had to park far away and walk up the longest steepest steps to get to the sanctuary (carrying Elijah) and back down to get to my car (and back up when I returned, but at least I didn't have to carry Elijah that time), I was hurting by 10am. I only got to see Abigail sing the Nat'l Anthem (she did great, will post the video later) and then had to leave. Noah did great on his solo too. Isaac's part was chasing a chicken... and boy did he get into it!
Then it was onto school (after stopping to pick up the boxed lunches I'd ordered) and leave for Branson. We sang at the Ozark Mtn Music Festival and got a Superior rating, checked into the hotel after that, and then went to Showboat Branson Belle.
Saturday was spent at Silver Dollar City. The weather was GORGEOUS so it was enjoyable even though I couldn't ride anything. I did cheat once and ride "Fire In the Hole." It was no bumpier than a car ride. I just sucked in my tummy before hopping on!
My best friend was there with her choir. I was trying to keep an eye out for her, but with the tens of thousands of people in a rather small park... it was very crowded. People everywhere. I was standing in line for food and looking in my purse when a lady said "excuse me" to cut thru the line to get to the other side. I looked up and said "Allyce?" Thought it was funny that *that* was how I found her. So at least I got to visit with her some. And I got a new coffee mug :) It is like the one on the left but the colors are more like the one on the right, with a little blue. It also flairs at the top. I like it, it holds a lot :)

Got some salt water taffy and kettle corn for the kids.
After SDC we ate at Danna's Barbeque and Burger Shop and returned to Little Rock. The trip was great... but I was very tired when we got to the school... then had to drive 20 minutes to get home. I got home around 11:40 or so.
Was up early yesterday b/c I thought I had to be at church at 8am. Got a call at 7:30 though saying the guest music guy was sick, so we didn't have to be there until 8:40. I was already up and about ready, but was still glad to have some more time.
Then yesterday from 4-7 we were at the church picnic. It was at a park in Maumelle that also had a little fair going on, so we (as in they) got to ride rides for free from 4-6. That was great. Then had hot dogs/hamburgers. It went really well. Since there was something else going on at the same time, there were lots of non-church folk there which is always good.
And today it is back to school :) I have this week to get ready for the Spring Concert on Friday.


Alex and Jill said...

FIRE IN THE HOLE!! LOL I remember that ride. I haven't been to SDC in ages...we need to go back and take my nephews.

Your kiddos were out playing while you were gone...I thought they were selling snacks - they had an umbrella and everything. When Alex and I approached them to buy some, they said, "we have real snacks but we're pretending to sale them and are really eating them." HA! We got a kick out of that.

Sounds like you had a very busy weekend...take it easy this week, little mama!

Alex and Jill said...

I suggested that they open a lemonade stand, as well...I think that's so cute. Tell David there is a pregnant lady across the street that would have paid big bucks for those m&m's. HA!