Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Quick post

I'll do a better post tomorrow with pictures. I left the camera downstairs and have a baby in my laps who is happy asleep.
Yesterday was an easy peezy day with Abigail, Elijah, and Levi at home. Noah and Isaac went to extended care at school (school was out Mon and Tues for parent/teacher conferences). Levi slept all morning and I cleaned. Today... didn't go as well. Levi had his 1 week appointment at 1pm. Having all morning to get ready and with the other boys at their grandparents, I figured it would be no problem. Levi did not sleep all morning like yesterday. We barely got there at 1. And of course, as it always goes... the half hour leading up to leave time everything went wrong that could. BUT we got there.
AND Levi is doing great. We waited to be called back in Dr. Gray's office. They always do that with the newborns. I didn't have to wait long at all (and was surprised that the waiting room only had one other person in it). Levi now weighs 9 lbs 4 oz. Breastfed babies are supposed to regain their birth weight by 2 weeks of age. He said we could wait til he is 2 months to return and said in the meantime to "avoid places like this where he could get sick." I told him we had pulled Elijah out of preschool and he said that was wise. I told him we haven't even put him in the church nursery... he said we should be in no rush to send him back and that this bug while no big deal in some... is very bad in newborns. SO?? While I didn't think I'd be taking a break from praise team... well... looks like I'll be out a while. At least until we have the flu shot clinic at school. At that point most will probably have had the shot and reduce the spread.
After that we went to Panera. Abigail took some pictures of our outing that I'll upload tomorrow. Came home for a couple of hours then went to Noah's game. I planned to watch it from the car and let E watch a DVD, but the player was not working for some reason. Or rather the screen was not showing what was playing. It just said "no signal" but the sound would play. I couldn't get it to work and E was not happy about it. He was very upset most of the time we were there. After Abigail was able to take some pictures of Noah playing, we left and got something to eat. Then we went to Barnes and Noble for the school 'book fair' (instead of doing an actual book fair, they had a day at B and N where the school got a percentage of the sales). Each kid got a book as a reward for straight As (David went to the parent teacher conferences today... they are all doing well, no concerns about any of them, and all had straight As... YEY).
It was a long day. Didn't get home til 7:45 (which is late when you want everyone bathed and in bed by 8:30).
Levi has slept most of the evening since he was awake most of the morning. Hope he still sleeps well tonight. I bet he does. That's one of the benefits of co-sleeping. They usually pick up on mama's cues and wake up to eat, but go right back to sleep.

No comments: