Thursday, May 7, 2009

Show Us Where You Live-Updated

I missed last week, so here are a couple pictures of my kitchen...
Junk and all...

And the family room (our living room is the office)
I've since found something for the hole beneath the crosses, but I took this picture a while ago...


I need to take a picture facing the fireplace... maybe I'll get to that tomorrow (ha, with the week I've had with Elijah, that isn't likely, but one can hope)
**************************************************
I did get to take pictures, but not with the good camera! You can see the massive ottoman we bought a while back... VERY clearanced. Love it.


I wish I could have gotten a clearer picture of the mantel. It was undone for the longest time after we painted last summer. I knew what I wanted it to look like, but just couldn't get the right things together. Then I found the clock in the middle (on clearance at Hobby Lobby :) and it made all the difference. The busts to the left were my grandmothers... and so were the silver pieces to the right. The hurricane candle holders were a Christmas gift from my MIL. They didn't look right with votives, but I love how they look as vases.

I got the curtains on clearance at an outlet in Pigeon Forge. I was looking for 96" curtains but didn't want to spend a fortune... I found a matching pair in a clearance bin at an outlet mall in Pigeon Forge for $13 each. I think these were the only matching pair AND they were my colors. I was one happy camper. I still need a valance though. I don't usually have them open this much, but I needed the light... and Elijah enjoyed looking outside :)

This rug was my grandmother's. We tried several others before hauling this one out of the garage in desparation. I thought the pink and blue would overwhelm, but with all the red I have in the room... the dark mauve pops out and you hardly notice the rosy pink (not that it does in this picture...).

And here is the "Believe" metal piece I found to fill in the hole. This alcove serves as a changing table right now (I normally have a pad on top of the mattress) but it also is a great place for extra seating and is the size of a twin bed for overflow guests :)

10 comments:

Chelsa said...

i love your little built in seat!! too cute. i love awesome finds (like the deal on your curtains)

Pam Bowers said...

awe...I miss Knoxville. We lived in South Knoxville for 5 years before moving home to San Diego. Nice living room.

Maria Hanson said...

I love your house! So cute.

Unknown said...

I love your cute house! :-) that big ottoman is great!

3boysmom said...

darling house. i love your wall color, it's so calming.

jensoup said...

I love the kitchen clutter-makes me feel not so bad about all mine-I hate looking at all these overly clean houses-you the heck has that kind of time w/kids...and I have no cleaning lady-thats what I do for a living!!! :)

Sar(Mrs.Teddy) said...

Your hosue has so much personality! I LOVE the ottoman & fireplace & that alcove is great! you have wonderful style! Thanks for sharing!

Mindy said...

Hi Becca. I saw your question about the book. I think this book was a strong stand alone book and didn't feel that I was missing anything for not having read the other books first. However, I will say that now I DO want to go back and read the other books. Each book focuses on a seperate character and the rest are in the back ground somewhat. I can't wait to read the rest. =)
Hope that answers your questions....

jensoup said...

I agree with both comments:)

Christy said...

Your alcove under the stairs is so cool. My kids would play in it all the time if we had one! Love your house.