Sunday, March 22, 2009

My mom and step-dad(Bill) came down this weekend to help us get stuff done... and boy did we! We cleaned out the garage (again). My mom and I sorted stuff while David and Bill installed these:

It made a tremendous difference. I bought them years ago but had yet to get them up and in use! My car is now in the garage and while the other half is clear, there still isnt' room for David's car... not unless we can get rid of the shelving units along the wall... and I don't see that happening.
We also got a dresser out of the bonus room and put it on the curb with the rest of the junk we are getting rid of. We've had several toys claimed by passers by, I hope someone takes the dresser too.
Now I gotta clean out the bonus room so we can actually begin the process of finishing it out. We've decided we'll make it our bedroom. The bonus room (above the garage) is on the other side of the closet in our master bath. If we add a doorway to the closet, we can get to the master bath from the bonus room. That would put the playroom/media room at the top of the stairs instead of at the end of the hallway (which passes my laundry). I like that MUCH better.
My mom folded all the laundry I had sitting outside the dryer while David and I were at church. That was a nice surprise to come home to! She was going to mow the lawn too, but the lawnmower needs new spark plugs.
It was a great way to start Spring Break. Now I'm motivated to do more :)

2 comments:

Jill said...

I noticed your garage door up...we need to clean ours out. Alex keeps saying he's going to...maybe seeing yours all clean will motivate him! :)

The Davidson Den said...

Oh, my goodness!!! You've got the Jon and Kate Gosselin hanging storage thingies!! I've been drooling over those a L-O-N-G time! :) Good for you guys getting so much done. Inspiring.