Saturday, April 4, 2009

I survived Jr/Sr Banquet (Prom)

Last week was an insane week. I won't share all the details, I'll just say that last night was our prom and I'm one of the two teachers in charge of it. Coming right off of Spring Break and Missions Week made it especially difficult.... but it happened and I think it was good. The *day* was not so great, but I'll spare the details. I did plenty of venting yesterday to get it out of my system ;) Food was good and then we got coffee too. I wasn't expecting that and was pleasantly surprised. Good coffee always makes me happy :) We had the typical program... reading class wills (Seniors 'will' things to the juniors) and prophecies (two teachers read a script as if they are at the 10 year reunion, predicting what each senior will have been doing). Then we awarded the "Goldsmiths"... our oscar, but our principal is Mr. Goldsmith, so I thought we should name them after him. Crowned the King/Queen... tried to get them to dance a bit... then went into the dance. We started out with ballroom which got kids out there, but then went onto other stuff. They seemed to be having a good time. It looked like everyone got out there at least a little (including the superintendent, principal, and pastor!). We sponsored the dance as well and offered activities all night long. So, I got home at almost 7am. I have not stayed up since... well, I don't know the last time I stayed up all night.... but I do know I wasn't pregnant. I was worried I wouldn't be able to. But it actually wasn't as hard as I thought. It was only when I got still that I felt bad so I tried not to do that :)
We had karaoke, movies on big screens, big blow up equipment, dodge ball, and lots of junk food (that I partook of often). Then we all went to IHOP for breakfast and the coffee was really good. It took 3 creams to get it to the right color... I've been before when one did the trick... good indicater of terrible coffee!
I hated it being so early, but I'm glad it is over. Now onto State, Choir Trip to Branson, and then Spring Concert... and then Baccalaureate/Graduation.... and then SUMMER!!
Oh wait, I'll be hugely pregnant in 106 degree weather, I take back previously stated enthusiasm.

1 comment:

Jill said...

There is no way I could stay up all night...I couldn't do that even when I was a teenager! LOL I'm proud of you doing that, little mama!!