Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Developments

Little did I know when I dropped Elijah off at preschool that it would be his last day. I didn't know what was going to happen when I returned to school next spring so I didn't know if I could drop E completely from preschool. Got it all worked out today. My mom will come down three days a week and I will keep both of them at another church twice a week. Won't save me any money except that I'll be paying about what I paid for just Elijah to go 3 full days a week and mornings only for two days. But, it WILL save me in that I can drop Elijah from his current school and not have to continue to pay for preschool while I'm on maternity leave. I'm thrilled I get to save some money the next few months. With a new car payment, little as it is for a brand new car, it will help tremendously. AND it is a good compromise for my mom. As much as I'd love for her to keep them every day and as much as I HATE putting a newborn in anyone's care other than my own... she lives 2.5 hrs away and has a full life of her own. I'm glad it is going to work for her to just be here part of the week. And I am VERY glad that I will be home with him until he is over 3 months old.
I only thought I was going to have this great easy recovery time :) I thought Elijah would continue to go to preschool at least in the morning since I was going to have to keep paying for it anyway. Of course, dropping him ends that possibility. David will take off the 2 days I'm in the hospital and the first 2 days we're home, after that it is going to be just me with a newborn and 2.5 year old. Which is fine, that is what most moms do and I've certainly done it before. I was just looking forward to that "nap when baby naps" advice that isn't possible when you have more than one :) At least we'll have the bonus room and I can put a gate up so we can all stay in there. It would not work for him to have free reign of the house like he has enjoyed.
This is what we did while home from church tonight. He watched Barney and Yo Gabba Gabba and I watched him all cuddled next to me. So sweet. He also got himself a measuring cup and spoon and 'cooked.'

No comments: