Monday, January 26, 2009

6th picture/new phone










Jill said to consider myself tagged if I wanted to post my 6th picture in my 6th folder, so I did. Not very exciting, and not take with a very good camera, but there it is. We went to NEA in June of '06 for a family reunion with David's family. We were at a church and this tree was outside.

Last May, Elijah lost my phone while I was viewing the Peabody as a possible jr/sr banquet (AKA Prom) location. I got a hand-me-down from David. He has a friend who gave HIM a Blackberry hand-me-down,. Nice friend. My hand-me-down was thin and very hard to open... so every time it would ring, I'd get flustered trying. But I wasn't due for an upgrade until June of this year, so hand-me-down it was. Friday night, it died. For no reason. I took it in to make sure it wasn't the charger and nope, it was just dead. So, I tell the dude I need the cheapest phone available. He tells me the cheapest "non-contract" phone is $150. What? I don't have a data plan. I just call and text. I need a cheapie. So I'm looking at all the phones and I see these Go phones that are $40... why can't I buy one of those? I ask another salesperson if I can buy one of those... he says "sure, just put your SIM card in it." Grrrrrrr. When he was checking me out, I was telling him about my phone issues and I said "I just can't spend $150 on a phone." He said "I don't blame you, I wouldn't either." Which I found funny.
I'm praying for clear roads tomorrow. I do not need to lose any more days in February than I'm already losing!

No comments: