Saturday, January 24, 2009

This has been a long, but good week. I was home a LOT more than usual due to E being sick. I didn't go to school Wednesday or Thursday. Thank goodness David was able to come home so I could go on Tuesday and Friday. Wednesday was David's birthday, but it almost came and went w/o notice b/c I was holed up at home all day and he was at church.
I got a LOT of school stuff done while I was here though. I scanned in 4 pieces (into a program that enables me to make a CD)... which takes forever b/c I have to fix the things that didn't scan correctly, then I have to manipulate the tempo thruout so that it does what I want it to do, not just start at the beginning and play robotically til the end, though it is a lot faster than me learning how to play the piano :)
And let me just brag on my students for a sec... they had some not so fun assignments while I was gone. I had them listen to choirs and write about each piece. Not a big deal, but in reading what they wrote, I'm just reminded once again how much the make up of my choir has changed. There was a time in the not so distant past that I would have read silly comments from the vast majority of my students.... I can name some who would have written "it's a song, they're singing" and nothing more. But this time, they wrote real comments. Of course, this would be expected from senior high choir students in most situations... it has just been such a LOOOONG road to get to this point... I have ALWAYS loved my job, but I'm REALLY loving it now. I'm excited.

1 comment:

Jill said...

You are such a good teacher...I can tell you really enjoy what you do. Those are some lucky kids! :)