Monday, March 7, 2011

Couple more good ones

Wednesday November 2, 2005
After riding silently in the back of my car for several minutes, Isaac asks, "Mommy? Am I a Christian?" How do you answer that in 3 yr old terms? I just said "Have you asked Jesus into your heart?" He said "yes." I left it at that... and thankfully he didn't ask anything else.

Car starts honking in a parking lot, lights flashing. Abigail said "what is that?" I said "That's a car alarm going off." She said, "Why is it called going OFF? Shouldn't it be called going ON?" Good point.

And my sweetheart Noah...for no reason whatsoever, comes up to me and says, "I love you mommy. You're the best mommy in the whole world." That is a regular thing for him... but still melts my heart every time. This is the child who will thank me a dozen times in a day just for getting him new socks.


Friday November 4, 2005
The mind of a three year old:

"I need to go potty... I'll take off my pants.... I really want some candy on top of the fridge... I need to go potty.... candy... potty.... candy... I'll climb on top of the counter..... I gotta go potty... I WANT candy.... mmmmmmmmmmm candy..... uh oh....."

At which point Abigail says "Mommy! Isaac just peed all over the counter." Naked pee= everywhere. And all over my Senseo. Grrrrrrrr

Awww, and just now one of those good moments... Abigail is in here copying a turkey (on the printer... takes a while) that Noah got from his teacher. He just came up and said "I'm glad you are copying the turkey Abigail b/c I love you (he wanted her to have one too)." And Abigail says "I love you too." And they hug.

When you have young children the days are long, but the years are short.

No comments: