Saturday, March 5, 2011

Savvy Kids March Family

Here is the link to the March issue of Savvy Kids. We're on page 6. Not the best picture, but fabulous considering how hard it was to get Levi to cooperate. I love the small one on the left. Where is Levi? He's running away. All he wanted to do was climb the marble (scare me) steps. I was chasing him and trying to find SOMETHING to make him happy. Found Abigail's small pop up ipod speakers in her purse. Gave him one of those that he was holding in his right hand, cracker in the other.

Had Choral Performance Assessment yesterday. We did 3 songs instead of 2. Probably would have scored a bit better had we not done 3, but I really wanted the comments to prepare for state. There weren't many negative comments, but they were about the piece I considered not doing (Praising Song). It wasn't *quite* ready, but we still did it. I was very happy. They received a 97, 95, and a 92. I was hoping for not just straight ones, but above 95. So sure, wish the 92 had been higher... but I'm still pleased as punch :)

They also got a superior in sight reading. First time for us to attempt solfege at CPA. I've been trying to make the switch from numbers to solfege but since *I* am more comfortable on numbers, it has been tough. They did great though. They are much more malleable than I.

Today we are going to the zoo. It is a bit chilly, but the penguin exhibit opens and we got invitations for the grand opening and free passes. There aren't many legislative perks that excite the kids... so those that do, I want to take advantage of.

Went skating last night. Or rather, took the kids. I curled up on the couch in the CFLC and read a book. I developed a pretty bad cold right after CPA (funny how that happens... happened right after the Madrigal Dinner too). David kept the little guys at home thank goodness. I was in no mood for chasing. Went to bed at 9:30. Don't much feel like the zoo... but as I said, there aren't many legislative perks that benefit the kids.

Off we go.

No comments: