Monday, April 4, 2011

"When I grow up, I want to be a dinosaur."

That and "Ironman" is all I can get out of Elijah. He's supposed to dress like what he wants to be for Grandparent's Day. He says "dinosaur" most of the time. I explained jobs to him, told him what various people do... then asked him again what he wants to do when he grows up. He said "nussing, I don't want to do anysing." I said "you just want to sit and lay around?" (was thinking he could go as a couch potato...) but he said, "No, I don't want to be a person. I want to be a dinosaur." I don't think that is what they have in mind. Last week was, of course, crazy. Last regular week of the session. Craziest day was Thursday when I got a call from David saying he needed me to meet him at the capitol b/c he doesn't have time to come home. "For what??" He said "you're kidding, right?" I had no idea what he was talking about. We had 2 parties to go to, but he neglected to tell me. I had 5 min to get ready. Hung up the phone without knowing what I was supposed to wear. Figured a black dress/boots could be dressed up or down, so that's what I wore... and left. Thankfully my mom was in town. The weekend was filled with thoughts of moving. With the census, comes redistricting. We may have to move in order for David to run as an incombent (he may get drawn out). I like the thought of moving... and I hate the thought of moving. There are plenty of houses I like... but when I'm home, I'm totally stressed out. With every turn of my head I see stuff that needs to be done. I can't put it out of my mind... I feel a tightening around my chest constantly. Not a very "home sweet home" feeling. The not knowing is awful. If I knew we had to move, then ok... let's do it. But sitting around waiting for maps to be released not knowing exactly where the district will be... stinks. Prom is this weekend... another teacher and I head that up. Busy at school finalizing all that. State is next Friday so I need to be perfecting "Praising Song" but I get stuck doing stuff for prom. BLEH This is one of those "this too shall pass" times. And it shall, and we shall all be fine... and I shall be unstressed. Soon? Elijah has never seen Ironman. He has the Burger King toy.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Elijah is funny. I remember you posting the things Abigail would say when she was little--so hilarious. I love this age.

Kinda crazy about the district stuff. Moving is the pits. Hopefully you can stay put and focus on what you need to instead of having to have it in the back of your mind.