Thursday, August 27, 2009

About that time?

I can't believe I am only 7 or so weeks away from Levi. It has flown by. I'm just now *really* thinking about it. I don't worry about stuff til what comes before it is over. So, when I first got pregnant I just thought about everything going on at the time. Then came summer, so I concentrated on the summer... then starting off the school year. Well, the next "big thing" is baby. I'm checking things off my list. I ordered my diapers. I'm washing baby clothes, making sure I have what I need. I still have to get downtown and get a permit to finish the bonus room. *what a pain* The electrician can't get his until I get mine (didn't know I had to get one) and we can't move to the next step (drywall) until the electricity is inspected... and you need the permit for that. I said I was going to make myself go this week, but I just couldn't. I really don't want to drag Elijah there b/c I have no idea how long it will take or what is involved and I didn't have time to go when he was at preschool. bleh. If it wasn't all the way downtown it wouldn't be so bad.
I typed up my birth preferences today... Don't cut the cord til it stops pulsating, evaluate baby on my chest, no hep B shot, and no eye drops. I also want to be able to drink fluids during labor (not just eat ice). Fluids with CALORIES. No episiotomy, no pacifiers... stuff like that. I requested the nurse I had last time. She was AWESOME. She may not be working, but if she is, I want her! I won't hesitate to be induced either b/c my doc is incredible and I want him (though I wouldn't be induced if this was my first).
Just got my Instahangers in. I'm hoping to get them installed tonight, just in time for the big load to finish drying :) and the one waiting to wash... but I'll have to manage a drill and an Elijah. We'll see how that goes.

4 comments:

jensoup said...

He's coming soon...so crazy..seems like yesterday you told me you were pregnant:)
Thanks for all the great laundry tips-I now get it folded or hung and put away MUCH faster!
We had to gets permits for our addotion on the upstairs-it was easy,I was in and out. But call 1st, sometimes they require a sketch of how it looks and where if any your windows are located and door.Ours did!

becca said...

David took the blue prints today hoping to be able to get the permit. I have a friend who is a contractor and has been helping me with all the "what to do" stuff. He said they'd need a survey. There is one on the first page of our blueprints. The windows/doors are on there too so if they end up needing that, he's got it. I hope it is a fast process and he was able to get it done b/c I sure want the room done!

jensoup said...

How did it go?? We did not have to have a survey-just the drawing. we did our entire upstairs(our house had a raised attic when we bought the house)we turned it into a 2nd story!

becca said...

He said there were a lot of people there, so he's going back on Monday.