Thursday, August 6, 2009

Car Issue

Looks like we will be a one car family. I'm not real sure how we're gonna swing that one, but I don't know how to squeeze a car payment out of an already tight budget. The cash for clunkers deal seems great... and it is... but b/c it is so good all the cheap cars are GONE. We were wanting (needing) to make it one more year and then get something that can hold the entire family. Don't want to get another car that doesn't work for us. So, we may become a one car family for a year and then get something that all of us can fit in.... in a year.
If I were home, this wouldn't be as big of a deal. Oh I'd hate it for sure. I want out of the house BADLY even if just to go to the bank when I'm home all day. But it is optional. I don't have the option of going to work. And there are these things called bells. I have to be there at certain times. It isn't flexible. I also have to run kids to piano lessons. And I only teach until noon, so I can't be dropped off and left there all day. I have to pick up Elijah, noon on some days, 3 on others. David is used to being able to come and go as he pleases. He has meetings with various people that will be difficult if we have one car. We *can* do it, it just won't be easy. It will be stressful.
Yeah, we're adding a baby but he doesn't really change anything. He'll be quite portable and can sleep wherever. Elijah is the bigger problem b/c he naps in the afternoon. Bleh. That's about all I can say. At least I'll be home from the middle of October til first of January. That part will be easy. And so will next summer... it is the now til October and Jan-end of May that will be a real problem.
As bad as it will be, I really don't want a car payment. I think carving the money out for that would be harder on us than managing one car. I just pray the van doesn't have any problems b/c then we'd be in a REAL mess. We don't fit in just any ol car.

2 comments:

Amanda said...

We're still there! I have every bit of empathy for you, friend. All I can say is this: God isn't surprised by this, and He knows what you need. He will make it all work out. I can imagine how difficult it is with 4! We barely fit in our little car. People laugh when we all pile out--it doesn't seem possible. We think God altered physics for us! :) One thing is has taught us is how to communicate and recognize the importance of what each person contributes to the family. I'm sorry you're having to walk through this; it really stinks.

BOWquet said...

I so needed to read this today! My hubby and I are selling my car, and going down to one car so that we don't have any more car payments. We hate them too! I'm a stay at home mom, but would like the option to go out every once in a while... Sacrifices!! That's what I keep telling myself. We are willing to sacrifice for a little while if it means I get to stay home with my daughter.
BTW your family is beautiful!