Sunday, August 23, 2009

Laundry Room Solution!

I don't have a laundry room. I have a laundry closet. It is upstairs with all the bedrooms- that was important to me when we built the house. The actual ROOM, I thought I could do without. It is at the end of the upstairs hallway, before the bonus room. I've done many things over the 5 years that we've been here. I had a rolling rack in the hallway to hang clothes, but that was always in the way b/c I have hampers in the hallway too. I also hung a backseat car travel bar on the cabinet doors that used to be above the washer and dryer. It was rather high and the kids would knock it off when trying to get something off of it. I hang, they put away, but I would have to stand there and hand them bundles of clothes. Not a big deal, but it would be nice to have something they could reach, and wasn't in the way. We moved the cabinets that were there to the garage b/c I eventually want to get a stackable front loader, so I've had nothing to hang clothes on for the past few weeks. I just found this:

12 inches of hanging space and up to 45 lbs. I got three of them. I can put them on the back of the doors to the closet... one for each (older) kid. They can get their own stuff and put it away. And they won't be seen when the closet doors are closed. YEY! Love it when I find something that is really going to help! And even when we get the stackable W/D... these will still be great. This is similar to how I want my laundry closet to look like... eventually...
I would have hampers across the bottom.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

You are the source of so many great ideas, Becca! THANK YOU!

Jill said...

The next time we build a home, I'm having a HUGE laundry room. Massive. Gi-normous.

Debbie said...

My laundry stuff is down two steps and in the garage...still trying to figure out how to manage laundry like this.

I wanted to ask you how much you've looked at stackable W/D b/c the ones I've seen are pretty small. Of course, it's been a while since I've looked...

Maybe they make them big enough for a family of 7 now? Or maybe you don't mind doing so many loads.

SnoWhite said...

oh, I can't wait to have laundry in my own house!! Right now, we have it in the neighboring apartment building, which is a big pain.... someday... :)

jensoup said...

Where did you find this hook thing? What is it called?