Thursday, January 6, 2011

Mother Teresa's Daily Prayer

http://www.lorenz.com/Med/Sample/15_2708R.mp3
Click on that to hear a song I fell in love with over break. You'll hear a statement about the recording every once in a while... but you can still hear the piece. I can't find another recording of it anywhere. Not on a CD, nothing :( The words are Mother Teresa's daily prayer.


DEAR JESUS, help me to spread Thy fragrance everywhere I go. Flood my soul with Thy spirit and love. Penetrate and possess my whole being so utterly that all my life may only be a radiance of Thine. Shine through me and be so in me that every soul I come in contact with may feel Thy presence in my soul. Let them look up and see no longer me but only Jesus. Stay with me and then I shall begin to shine as you shine, so to shine as to be a light to others.


I knew I wanted to take this piece to festival (competition, choral performance assessment... whatever you want to call it), but it divides into many parts. My kids are talented, but they are not numerous. I'd have one on a part at times... and while that is risky b/c they could get sick... I still wanted to do this piece. I get so excited to teach music that speaks to me this much. I have been on cloud nine every day when leaving school b/c they are doing SO WELL. Love it!!

No comments: