Wednesday, July 7, 2010

what's for dinner?

I love to grill. I love that there is no pan to clean up that has been broiled in the oven and the heat stays out of my kitchen. I want to cook more vegetables on the grill and take full advantage of the charcoals. I use a Weber kettle charcoal grill. Love it. Also want to grill more chicken. I tend to just do beef.
I marinated chicken breasts last week for a couple of days in olive oil, chicken stock, and a packet of Weber tequila lime seasoning. It was surprisingly juicy and tender. Tonight we're having skewered rosemary chicken and potatoes and grilled asparagus. I didn't know how to go about grilling potatoes with chicken... knew the chicken would cook faster than the potatoes. Found a recipe that said to boil the potatoes for 8 min first. So, I'm doing that now so it will be ready for the grill. Things tend to get nuts around here just before dinner (of COURSE). The chicken is coated with olive oil, salt, paprika, rosemary, garlic, and pepper. I think I'll coat them with oil and then just load them alternately with the chicken chunks (thigh meat, so it has some fat to it). We'll see how it all turns out! Tomorrow it is marinated chicken breasts (white wine and herb... another Weber packet thing) and grilled corn on the cob.
We had a good 4th of July. David's brother and fam came up. We haven't seen them in a while. We used to go there,. but didn't go last year b/c they have a pool and I was worried about Elijah getting out. This year David had some campaign appearances he had to make. We went to Balboa Lake for fireworks. They were really good. Nice place. REALLY nice weather. Cool breeze. I felt like we weren't in AR. Afterwards though... we discovered why people take the shuttle. We couldn't take the shuttle b/c we had a double stroller to contend with. They shuttle all the people out before letting a single car leave the parking lot. Even when all the busses were full and on a run to the outside parking places... they didn't let any cars out. So, it was quite a wait in the car with irritated children. But, we survived and it could have been worse. No one was screaming thank goodness, just whining. Levi was ready to get out of the carseat long before we were home though... that wasn't fun. It was after 11 before we got home and no one fell asleep in the car! We had tired children the next day.
Abigail sang in church Sunday. Here is the video...


Man of the West said...

Found your blog whilst pushing the "next blog" button whilst I finished off the last of the brisket I made Saturday. Y'see, I love grilling, too, and smoking, and when I saw this post, I just thought I'd say hello.

Nice blog. Good looking family. You've been blessed.

The Davidson Den said...

Dinner looks yummy.

Abigail did awesome!!