Tuesday, October 13, 2009

We're Here

I'm all hooked up and the pitocin is going. I don't recall getting the pit so soon after admission before, so Levi may get here faster than I'd anticipated. I really want the kids to be here very soon after he is born... so I was hoping for his arrival to be no sooner than 3. We can get them from school, but Isaac will be on a field trip until 1 and Elijah naps until 3. I'm thinking it will be earlier than that. I was already contracting every 6 min or so on my own. I have no idea if they were productive... haven't been checked yet. They have gotten stronger with the pit though. Not bad. I was hoping to get in a little nap. ha
I have to get specific orders from Dr. B saying I can have juice. So, won't get any of that until he comes to check on me, hopefully around 7am. I took some stuff for heartburn that was very bitter and only got to follow it with an ice chip :(
Levi is looking good. His heartrate is right where it should be.
I, am tired. I got to bed a bit after 11. I thought my camera videoed and well, now I have discovered that it *does* after thinking I'd discovered yesterday that it doesn't. I have misplaced the adapter to the video camera and couldn't charge the batteries. On top of that, the camera was full (it has a hard drive) and I needed to get stuff off of it onto DVDs... which takes a while. After a trip to Best Buy and calling around... I was not finding a cord or any other way to charge the batteries. I posted a help message on facebook and within minutes, a former choir parent to the rescue! She had a cord like I needed... and her son even drove it over!! My computer is in dire need of memory, so it took a while to get the DVD produced, formatted, and burned. It was just a matter of clicking and then waiting forever, so I did that when I'd wake up in the night to go to the bathroom :) I woke up at 12:45, wide awake. I thought it was going to be a very long night... though really a very short one since I planned on getting up at 4. But, after getting back to sleep after that... I slept til 3:45 and stayed up.
The nurse I had for Elijah (who was awesome) is not working today :( I told the nurse who checked me in what I liked about her (doesn't take the baby away, gives you time, encourages bonding, etc) and she said she'd request someone like her for me... and she did. yey
Arriving (last belly shot)...

Sleepy Daddy has a lot of deadlines today...

fun, gown time.

This was taken last night at IHOP. One last hurrah as a family of 6. ALL of us cleaned our plates.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Now, how am I supposed to get work done today!!??

Marc and Charity said...

Awesome!!! Can't wait to hear. I'll be checking in all day today! :) Praying for a smooth delivery. Can't wait to see him!

Denise said...

Go Becca go! Precious picture of the family at IHOP.

Mindy said...

Look forward to seeing Baby Levi.
And I must say that you look super cute in your overalls arriving at the hospital!!!

jensoup said...

Seriously Becca-only you could look that good at 5am :-) Beautiful make up and all to give birth-lol!
I think your right and this will go fast ,my sister Becky was induced w/Kieran and they started her at 7am,she had him at 10:30am.I was never that lucky. I was induced w/C, started at 7and he was born at 5:30!
Good luck-I'll be watching !

The Davidson Den said...

I prayed for you at 8:30 this morning as I was putting Atticus down for his nap. And I'll keep praying. (Sorry Holly isn't there.) Love that you're going to keep us updated! :)