Friday, July 17, 2009

Step 1 Complete!

I'm excited to announce that the first step of finishing our bonus room is complete! The wiring is finished. The HVAC folks are coming Monday. After that, we have to decide if we want to do the rest ourselves or hire someone. Obviously with David as busy as he is and me looking like this:we'd rather hire it out. BUT cost is an issue.
I'm standing in the bonus room (in my new Wal-Mart clothes). Behind me happens to be the co-sleeper I used with Isaac and Elijah... maybe Noah??? I'm not real sure if I had it for him or not. It will be SO NICE to finish this room. We never intended to live here 5 years before finishing the room. We had the room done so that it would be easy to finish. We had an A/C unit put in for the 2nd floor that is big enough to accomodate this room as well. We had it braced for a room as opposed to just attic space. We had the jumbo sheetrock delivered before it was walled, and we have the carpet for the room. But we still have lots of labor. We'll be putting small closets on either side of the window... that's why we have outlet boxes hanging from the ceiling.
Other things this week...
Abigail did not sing in the talent search Wednesday. She made it to round 2 but we found out none of the songs she'd been working on were on the list and since there aren't many songs that are appropriate for a 10 year old, we decided against going. But then the director called and said he could bring one of the songs she knew, so I thought we were back to going... but when I told Abigail, she still didn't want to go. I don't want her performing anywhere she doesn't want to perform... so we didn't go. I think it was the right decision. I wanted it to be fun for her, I didn't want her stressed about it. I didn't know that 'round 2' meant showing up and picking a song off their list an hour before you perform. Had I known that before round 1... I never would have had her audition. Live and learn :)
I took her to see Up last night to make up for the frustration of the whole thing. She liked it, I was bored out of my mind for the first hour. I'm not a big fan of 3D movies either. They don't in any way enhance the movie experience for me... and I get slightly nauseous in them. I don't know why that is.
That's about it! I think we're going to go pick peaches tomorrow.

3 comments:

CP said...

I can't wait 'til my new room is ready! Oh wait...

Unknown said...

Now that my job situation is looking so much better, I can't wait to start some other projects on the house. You inspired me! And by the way, I think you look BEAUTIFUL!

The Davidson Den said...

Tres cute overalls!! Thanks for the tip (just in case)!